Everybody likes food that looks good, and it’s even more important to make food look fun and exciting if you have a child who is picky with what they will eat. A great and simple way to dress up their food is with bento picks!
There are so many different styles of picks available ranging from Hello Kitty and Pokémon to special occasion picks like birthdays or Valentine’s, but want to make your child’s lunch even more special and unique? Make your own thrifty, bento picks!
All you need is some Jibbitz,buttons or other small charms, some cheap combs or food picks and a glue gun or food safe superglue!
Here is a quick video on how to make them yourself :
how to video
If you don’t want to watch the video here is a quick run down of the steps:
1. Collect as many Jibbitz or buttons as you want ( bright or character buttons are best!)
2. Collect some cheap food picks or combs.
3. If the picks have more than one prong cut them off, if using a comb cut off the teeth.
4. Use a glue gun or food safe glue to attach the pick to the Jibbit/ button.
5. Marvel at your unique and awesome bento picks!
And here are some of the bento picks I have made using buttons 🙂
If you make some I’d love to see them so please leave a comment linking to your picks 🙂
And a HUGE thank you to Mummy’s Marvellous Munches for the Jibbitz idea!